That's right folks. These wings are not deep fried, they are made in. your oven. Chicken wings require a few very important things to be perfect:
- Crispy skin
- Juicy meat
- Outstanding seasoning
With this recipe, we can guide you through getting #1 and #2 down pat - never again will you have to soil your stovetop with grease splashes!
#3 is trickier, but we're proud to be offering soon our homemade, locally sourced Unbolete-able Salt & Rub! For now, just head over to Amazon and pick up some Franks Red Hot!
Crispy, Delicious Baked Wings
The Stuff You Need
- 1 pound of fresh or thawed (not frozen!) wings
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt (Morton's is worth it!)
- Unbolete-able Salt & Rub (coming soon!) to taste, or...
- 2 tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- A large baking tray
- A wire cooling rack
- Your standard accoutrements: celery, blue cheese, etc.
How To Do It
Like all good things, these wings take a bit of time to come together but they are worth every single moment.
- Mix the salt and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Add the wings and toss until coated.
- Place the wire rack inside the baking tray and space the wings out on top of it.
- Put the wings, uncovered, in the fridge for at least 8 hours, as long as 24hr.
- Set your oven to 500*F, once heated, put the wings inside and immediately turn it down to 450*F.
- Rotate tray and flip the wings after 20min. Continue cooking for 20-30min longer or until deliciously crispy.
- If using our Unbolete-able Salt & Rub, add the wings to a bowl and toss til covered.
- If using Frank's Red Hot & butter:
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Once melted, add the franks and whisk to mix.
- Toss with your wings.
- Consume immediately with copious amounts of your favorite beverage.